bluesbuffett

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Bling! Bling! Hello? Who is it?

It's me, the proud owner of my first ever running medallion.

Today was St Mary's South 8k Fun Run.

This is a terrific community event. I say a bit more about it here.

For me personally, I was really happy with my race, even though it turns out I ran faster in 2007; back then I had the speedy Thalia pushing me hard through to a quick finish. Today I went out solidly and kept increasing my speed, dropping off runners along the way. I like to go out at a comfortable pace, then pass others rather than them me. It worked: no-one went past me after 500m and I targeted about twelve runners to catch.

My time of 37:43 got me 3rd place in 50-59 group, an engraved medallion and a photo up on the podium. How cool is that?

It really is a great event to get to: $10 entry with stacks of benefits.

It was great to catch up with regular CR's KatierR, slowmc, BeesKnees and meet Lotsahare, Bert, greyhoundracer and Freezer.

I hope they post the photos soon...

"exit, stage left"

1 Comments:

  • At 1:23 am, Blogger Andrew(ajh) said…

    You gotta love bling. My one and only place medallion was in a Sri Chinmoy 5k race a couple of years ago, 2nd place in the 50+ group. There was no third place medal awarded, so I'm guessing I was 2nd out of 2!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home