bluesbuffett

Monday, June 13, 2011

Vague vagaries

I've been a trifle tardy in updating this blog: I see four months has gone by. So has the warm weather.
I've done little running though; a quad injury put paid to that through March and April.
A large mole removal on my right calf, with attendant wide margin and many stitches, put paid to May. The good news is I'm all clear. I've had two weeks with my leg up and no walking even!
I tried running again yesterday :8k in 50 minutes. Tough, but okay. My quads are very heavy today (not injured though, I don't think), so I went for a 68 minute walk with Mrs BB instead.
I'll try a few more walk/jog days before I feel confident I'm okay to run properly again.
Meanwhile life with all its vagaries continues. A close colleague passed away suddenly in late April. The weather is terrible. The Blues are on a roll. My family is well. Wine tastes good.

quid sit futurum cras, fuge quaerere

For now, "exit stage left"

2 Comments:

  • At 5:11 pm, Blogger Andrew(ajh) said…

    Sounds like a tough period the last few months, but yes, the Blues are travelling okay, just not quite as well as those Cats tough :-)

     
  • At 2:23 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Maybe this'll ease your blues? Awesome running shoe and cash prizes for decent marathon runners hitting Sydney's streets very soon. But be quick. Always be quick!
    http://hokaoneoneaustralia.wordpress.com/2011/09/06/sydney-marathon-your-chance-to-race-fast-in-hoka-one-one-for-cash-prizes/

     

Post a Comment

<< Home