bluesbuffett

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

O for Oxygen

I've covered 87k since my last post - the birth year of my ED. She got her 1st year Communications Degree results back this week: 2 passes and two credits. Good news. My son got his School Certificate results too - 1 x band 4, 4 x band 5, 1 x band 6. That is excellent, and unexpected. He was delighted, and wasted no time in pressuring ex-Mrs BB for an upgraded Ipod for Christmas. I think he'll do well in the business world.



Mrs BB spent two days last week in Emergency at Westmead Hospital with Acute Epiglottitis. For you laymen, this meant she couldn't breathe and required oxygen mask, steroids, antibiotics and a gaggle of attendants. Pretty scary, and our house was thrown into turmoil, but thankfully she is now okay but shaken. I enjoyed the role of Mr Mom for a few days but don't know where the time went. I couldn't do it AND hold down a job too, like many women...



I've done some long runs and short runs, keeping the goal in sight but really, I've been more concerned over her health and recovery. It freaked us all out that a viral/bacterial combination could wreak such havoc in five hours. At least her fitness and general health enabled her to swiftly respond to the excellent treatment. She has resumed walking in the mornings, and - most importantly - her positive approach.



Still, Christmas is coming and that's good news for most of us. If I don't post beforehand, Merry Christmas to everyone and a very Happy, Healthy and satisfying 2007 from the BB's...




7 Comments:

  • At 9:56 pm, Blogger miners said…

    Mate - great news about the kids, but not so great news about Mrs BB. Was this an allergic reaction (anaphylaxis? sp). Hope all's well and relatively normal again so you can all have a well deserved and merry Xmas.

    Cheers

     
  • At 9:58 pm, Blogger MB said…

    Gosh what a frightening experience for Mrs BB, and the family! Glad to hear she's made a quick recovery.

    Better lay on some extra vino, for medicinal purposes of course.

    Well done to the BB offspring, such a nice feeling when they surprise you like that.

    Enjoy the festive season and best wishes to the BB's from the MB clan for 2007.

    Keep on blogg'n.....

     
  • At 10:42 pm, Blogger Tesso said…

    Gees, that was scary about Mrs BB. So pleased to hear she is okay.

    Hope the BB Family has a lovely Christmas and a fab 2007.


    PS Nice pic. I can see I'd have a job competing for Dazza's affections :-)

     
  • At 10:54 am, Blogger 2P said…

    Geez mate that does sound scary - good to see Mrs BB came through it OK.

    Great results for the kids - you must be proud Dad.

     
  • At 5:23 pm, Blogger Don Juan said…

    Wild World. That's good news about Mrs BB's recovery. Anything with bacteria is bad.

    Can't keep it in, I'm also a Yusuf Islam fan. I liked the countdown spectacular.

    Enjoyed the stories about ED, YD and Father & Son. Max is probably in the back yard wondering 'where do the children play?'.

    Best wishes to you and the family for Christmas and happy new year

     
  • At 3:50 pm, Blogger Jen said…

    What a cute photo! I'm so pleased to hear that Mrs BB is doing well now. What a scary time it must have been.

    I hope you have a merry christmas & best wishes for the new year.

    (and I'll hassle GG about her blog when I see her tomorrow!)

     
  • At 10:08 pm, Blogger 2P said…

    Merry Christmas BB

     

Post a Comment

<< Home