bluesbuffett

Thursday, November 09, 2006

Catch up: it's wabbit huntin' season

I don't think Elmer Fudd had to do a lot of extra k's to make up for being sick over a weekend.

I have:
Monday (as mentioned) 12k
Tuesday 11k, Wednesday 11k, Thursday 10k.
How's this: all at 5:40am, after a 5am start. That's about 10k more than I should, but here's the rub: no day off until next Thursday, meaning about 10 runs covering 112k, Normally it's 6 runs for 65k. I feel tired already...

Now, I'm no shift worker, but I feel like I understand their biorhythm problems. Around 10:30am at work I'm ready for a Constanza nap under the desk. No such luck.

I'm desperately trying to get these extra k's in so I can hit 261+k's for November, to beat my 2004 record. Mrs BB now looks at me oddly, or at least askance, and suggests I should not have done Stats in my Economics degree way back when. Compulsive Obsessive were two adjectives tossed about. I might add neurotic, but only about running.

This morning I changed route and headed up the road to Rouse Hill, where the on-road is at least a little less filled with construction equipment and eager tradesmen.

After passing the dog training oval, I skirted around the road parallel to Windsor Rd (but set way back), separated by a huge open grassed area. Bounding along this open area was a big bunny with a white stripe down its back. It outpaced me as it headed for the safety of the bushes.
I wondered if it had any relatives or friends over at Kellyville Ridge that used to outpace me there too...

Well, the NSW Government has outdone itself. Not content with farcical comedy surrounding potential MP's (Koperberg), we now have three actual Labor MP's in trouble. You name it, speeding, misleading parliament and now child sex charges. Peter Debnam must be thinking "how easy can next year be" and "thank you Brogden for your hubris attack".
Morris Iemma may well be wishing he was back in the Water portfolio. At least he could have a crack at blaming Little Johnny...

Borat's here Monday - I wonder what cultural learnings he will make benefit from Sydney?

"exit, stage left"

6 Comments:

  • At 9:00 pm, Blogger Tesso said…

    I've dozed off more than once on the job after an early morning training session. Makes it worse when you have your fingers on the keyboard at the time. At work we call it "having a qwerty".

     
  • At 9:02 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Neurotic only about running? Hmmmm...

     
  • At 9:38 pm, Blogger 2P said…

    All that running - I wouldn't be surprised if your head hurt, your feet stank & you didn't love Jesus ;-) Hehehe I've been waiting for a segue for that line :-))))

     
  • At 10:09 pm, Blogger miners said…

    bunnies with white stripes down their back? sounds like asking for loony toons type trouble there.

    I actually had a few meetings with the (dis)honourable Orkopolis a few years back - hmmm

     
  • At 7:58 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Our colourful QLD pollies now seem dreadfully dull compared to their NSW counterparts.
    Is Blues downloading running stats from one of those portable MP3 player/jogging shoe company widgets?

     
  • At 1:22 am, Blogger 2P said…

    Hey BB - I have a confession to make.... I've shot my bolt in terms of Jimmy Buffet songs ;-)

    I did have an album back in the early to mid 90's (can't remember which one or what happened to it) and the lyrics I have already quoted just stuck with me (frankly - I think they may have been the sest lyrics ever written) - that and the Labor Day Weekend song of course.

    Maybe the memory could be jogged on the others on the album.....

    Cheers, 2P

    PS Oh yeah - beware of Go-Girl - she will try and convince you she has been injured - me - I think she was in a sekrit training camp for the '07 Six Foot ;-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home