bluesbuffett

Saturday, June 30, 2007

huh huh... yeah!

I wonder if anyone remembers the Beatles cartoons from the 60's? We loved them. The post title is one of Ringo's regular lines. We got the full two series on eBay.

And what a find! How's this for a list: Prince Planet, Marine Boy, Kimba The White Lion, Gigantor, Speed Racer, Astro Boy, 8th Man. Plus interviews. Recommended and here's the link if you are interested. All of these are in the public domain and so are not pirated. This guy seems to churn them out regularly. The artwork is great, the information sheets useful and the DVD quality is just fine. I'm not sure if they play only on multi region DVD players, but you could always ask him.

Tesso, we haven't forgotten the Brady Challenge. W'e'll PM you with a few starters, probably next week. And I hope you did well in the GCM. I'll check tomorrow's news.

Running has been pretty good over the last two weeks: 134k in 13 runs, with a good mixture of locations. After my last post, we were hit with wet cold weather, and that prompted me to take off two consecutive days - a real challenge emotionally and one which was a real struggle. At least I'm not obsessive...

A couple of home/M7 runs followed on that weekend, which were surprisingly enjoyable even though they were in non-ideal conditions. The following week I headed to Melbourne for work, and managed two decent runs: South Yarra to The Tan (2 laps), and the following morning the Yarra's bike path. It was 7 degrees, but warmer than here around the Clean Streets. Lots of other runners and walkers, but no CR gear except me with my cap. And no CR greetings either. Still, The Tan is one of the best places to run in Australia, and very motivating.

Later that week, and back home, I did a couple of runs to netball training and then YD's game the next day.
This week, a couple of M7 runs at lunch time, including another PB: this time, 42:20 for 9k, with a 20:55 negative split.
Today, back to the M7 again from Bella Vista while Son's U9/6 team he coaches got hammered. I think I made the better decision to run and not watch. Perhaps if his charges listened to his instructions and applied what they learned at training, the team may perform slightly better. Still, this gives him a whole new dimension to life and ideally will ensure he doesn't choose teaching as a profession. Too many in my family for yet another one.

The Cities Marathon is coming up soon (29/07). I know NTR is doing it, and I hope to get to one of the vantage points and check out the action. Once that's over, I'll see if we can't hook up for a 12-18k run together - probably on the M7!

A final note: it would appear that frivolous suing is alive and well in USA. I wonder if Malcolm Fraser thought to sue for his lost trousers too? The moral is:

Semper ubi sub ubi ubique

"Exit, stage left"

2 Comments:

  • At 1:32 pm, Blogger Mouse_and_NTR said…

    I think up near your work would be a great vantage spot - and gives you the chance to see runners going out and coming back with under 5km to go.

    Looking forward to a run with you after Cities...maybe not straight away, i might leave it a week or so ;-)

     
  • At 4:43 pm, Blogger Tesso said…

    Thanks for the reminder about the Beatles cartoons. Gee, wasn't Ringo's nose big :)

    At the footy last night I asked my friend's 8 year old niece what her favourite band or singer was, expecting the answer to be whoever the latest Britney is. To my surprise she said The Beatles! And The White Album is at the top of her favourite album list.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home