bluesbuffett

Sunday, August 19, 2007

"We're not worthy!"

This 10k average over any period I calculate is getting spooky. I mean, from last post, I ran 5k on the Sunday after my 25k with NTR, but I've still managed 125k in 12 runs since 04/08...

Some details:
* Sun 05 5k recovery run on legs that were shot
* Mon/Tue 06/07 8k 6am Clean Streets and freezing
* Wed 08 10k 5pm Clean Streets, more civilised
* Thur 09 10k lunchtime M7 north; weights after work
* Sat 10 12k Quakers Hill return; weights
* Sun 11 17k home/M7/Nurragingy via Western Sydney Parklands
* Mon 12 8k lunchtime Nurragingy/WSP
* Tue 13 8k 6am lean Streets freezing
* Wed 14 8k Scotchman's Creek path (Glen Waverley, Melbourne)
* Fri 16 10k lunchtime Clean Streets; weights before work
* Sat 17 21k; weights

Now, yesterday's run was special. I got to meet and run with Tesso, and I ran again with NTR (so that means there were three of us, actually four). Talk about a convergence of CR's: I even got a "go coolrunners!" from Princess Odette, who was cycling on the M7.
I met Tesso at Kings Langley shops, and we ran from there along the M7, meeting up with NTR and his son around the Quakers Hill overbridge. From there, we continued along the M7, took the Doonside exit, and went off-road. Crossing Richmond Rd and Power Rd, we took the partly-formed Western Sydney Parklands trail (which will eventually link to the M7 - even more options for NTR and Mouse) and ran through Nurragingy Reserve. From there, a bit of road navigation along Knox Rd and back to NTR's place where we left them, with Tesso and I completing the run back to the shops for stretching and a chat. All up 1 hr 55 min, so the legs are a little tired, especially after backing up for weights training yesterday.

It was great to meet the famous Tesso, run with her and also run again with NTR. Both good running companions and conversationalists (plus a special commendation to NTR's son L who kept up well on his bike). I don't know how she puts in the training she does, and of course comes up with those excellent, consistent results. Hence the Wayne's World header.

Hopefully I'll be able to catch up with Tesso again while she's in town, perhaps at the Bay where we should be picnicking next weekend. Mrs BB is keen to meet her and test her trivia knowledge. With any additional luck, NTR can swing a "work from home" day soon and join me for a lunchtime M7 run.

Musically, I've picked up on eBay a rare David Gates CD: 1994's Love Is Always Seventeen. Currently waiting in the car intray.

I'm reading Boris Akunin's latest Erast Fandorin's late-ish 19th century outing in "Special Adventures" aka "Jack Of Spades/The Decorator". Two completely different styles of novels released in one book.. The first witty and light, the second macabre. Fairly typical of Grogory Chkartishvili.

Plenty happening in the world of Australian politics this week. Loved the Costello off-the-record "he's goin' down" story, but loved even more Abbott's convoluted logic. Who's on first indeed...

Pede poena claudo.

"Exit, stage left"

4 Comments:

  • At 2:37 pm, Blogger Tesso said…

    Thank YOU so much for the run BB. The time went so fast ... always does when you're having fun I guess :-) So glad we got to run for that long, its been to rainy for me ever since.

    Might see you at the bay next weekend. Meanwhile I think I'd better tune in to the Brady Bunch on Fox all week just in case.


    PS Have you listened to the new PK CD yet?

     
  • At 8:41 am, Blogger Clairie said…

    Great to hear you got to meet with Tesso and even run with her. She rang me to tell me it was great to be meeting so many new faces so good for you for making her feel welcome.

    Keep up the running! Sounds like you have some good training under your belt especially for this terrible weather period!

     
  • At 2:33 pm, Blogger Zodelicious said…

    hello - I just stumbled across your blog via Coolrunning and I had to thank you for the link to the Abbott quote. Funniest thing I have read for ages.

     
  • At 11:50 am, Blogger 2P said…

    Name dropper :-)

    Good to see it all going so well BB.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home