bluesbuffett

Sunday, October 12, 2008

No average (,) tale of the century


Well this is definitely one for the statistical fans out there.

We've just returned from holidaying on the GC and then Ballina. Wonderful spots, very relaxing and plenty of training.
I had planned to run with the Southport Runners Sunday morning 6:30am, but thanks to Jetstar's 6 hour flight delay, we didn't arrive at our accommodation until after 10pm Saturday night, so didn't feel like a super early start. Still, I ran south around 7:30am and saw what must have been the rather large group relaxing by the pool. Thanks Jetstar. We won't be flying to Coolangatta next time; we'll go to Brisbane with Qantas and drive...

I ran six times while on hols, for 72k in total. Both Biggera Waters and Ballina are great for flat, scenic running, and I managed a 16k Sunday, then 14k, then 12k. Driving down to Ballina, I managed 12k, then 10k, then 8k. So averaging 13k not 10k per run, and my legs felt it, as can be seen by the decreasing distances!

Caught up with Tesso for afternoon tea on the Tuesday - she was kind enough to drive down from Brissie to have coffee and meet Mrs BB and YD. She also brought me a present: a trendy Hawaiian shirt. I just had to wear it, and just had to include the photo of the four of us!


Thanks Tesso, it was great to see you and hope we'll catch up in Sydney before too long.
Now this is my hundredth post, and if you add together my age and Tesso's you get 100! Freaky stuff! At least we have a better chance at better places in races now. Although it hasn't helped me since May, and I doubt Tesso will need much help once her hammy is fully recovered! For now, she's a speed demon in the pool.

A few races coming up: start of the SMC next Sunday, and I'll be stepping up to the 10k, along with mate Joe. The following week is the St Mary's South 8k, and I'm looking forward to doing a fast time and seeing a few running friends from last year's race.

Still two more days of annual leave before BTW. Time to mow the lawn, take YD to school and celebrate 10 years of marriage with Mrs BB!

"The first ten years of a marriage are spent resolving differences of thoughts, habits, ways of doing things, likes and dislikes."
Possibly, although I think this time around I've been rather luckier than most. Again, statistically, maybe I'm batting better than average when I add together
1. nine years unsuccessful marriage
2. ten years very successful marriage (plus three years successfully as "partners")

Now I just need to knock on wood...

"exit stage left"

1 Comments:

  • At 8:48 am, Blogger Tesso said…

    Great to catch up. Would have been even better if we could have had a run as well. Next time!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home