bluesbuffett

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Projecting good times

When we bought our home 18 months ago, part of the deal was a Hi Fi package already built in. Pretty nice, except when the projector blows up. That happened last week. A certain amount of frustration was experienced when removing it from the ceiling. It might even be fair to say that my usually calm exterior was temporarily ruffled. The prospect of expensive ($600) repairs didn't help. It shows how pampered we can become.
For now, we need to watch TV on the relatively primitive large screen one in the family room. Damn this Chateau Lafite, as Captain Darling said to General Melchett.

Better news from the running front. Last week was time trial #2 at Roxborough Park (Hills Athletics).
Much hilarity after my last run of 3.4k or 8.5 laps. Steve Whelan was kind enough, when addressing the starters, to ask me how long the race was. I answered correctly.
This time I went out a little faster and a little fresher. Aming to beat 14:25, I managed
13:37!!!
I think I can go faster by focusing on lap splits. I'd like to beat 13 min next month. Stay tuned...

Exercise has been consistent, with no cycling yet as the knee is still tender. Instead, I've managed some decent runs and weights sessions too.
Mon, Tue, Wed, Fri I've churned out 8k each day, all at 6am. It's still humid, but cooler than later in the day. Midday runs are some months off.
Saturday I managed 10k, and Sunday 12k to Quakers Hill, and then a lift from the family who urged on my run as a means of getting to DSE Nth Parramatta sooner. Some nice HI Fi gear there too...

NSW has an election upcoming in March which may well go down as the most boring ever. It now seems Iemma has an increased lead in the polls. His main line of attack seems to be "look, it's Carr's fault for how things are now. Give me a go and I'll fix them." I seem to recall he personally has been around a while; indeed, he used to be Water Minister. Still, truth is an inconvenience.
What kind of winning slogan has Morris come up with?
"More to do but heading in the right direction"
This is starting to make Barry Unsworth seem charismatic.

I'm tempted to buy property in Lane Cove, just so I can vote for Maxine McKew against Honest John later this year. Oh the delicious irony if he lost the election and his seat. I wonder how much work he'd get as a solicitor now.

Books? Yes, in a slight change of pace, I've read a few Rumpole novels/stories. Brilliant.

Musically, I've put The Beatles (aka White Album) in the car CD player. Superb.

So, exercise, literature and music...

Mens sana in corpore sano

"Exit, stage left"






3 Comments:

  • At 11:12 pm, Blogger Robert Song said…

    The Beatles was the first album I ever bought with my own money. Still great to listen too.

     
  • At 11:02 am, Blogger PortRunr said…

    Yeah, let's get the state elections over with so we can enjoy the McKew/Howard battle!
    Well done smashing the 14:25 goal!

     
  • At 12:59 pm, Blogger Tesso said…

    13:37 - great stuff! Sub 13 next time for sure.

    Fingers crossed Maxine will do it even without your vote. A Brissie girl, she grew up the same suburb as me, Moorooka, and was in my sister's class at primary school. Billy Thorpe was also a Moorooka boy.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home