bluesbuffett

Sunday, October 21, 2007

Wait a sec, that's a PB

Yesterday saw a 12k easy run around Easy Streets in humid conditions, followed by weights in the afternoon.

Today was SMC #2. I went along with netball colleague Joe. 10k for me, 5k for him.

Talk about averaging out.

His target: 20 min flat. His result: 20:01. Still a great effort and placed 10/38.

I was hoping to beat 50 min, with last month's race 49:37 (23/47). My result?

49:36 (29/69)

Statistically, it's hard to comprehend how one second can affect a person's psyche. I was elated, Joe initially disappointed, although soon afterwards he realised it was a great run and he would easily crack it next time, knowing the terrain now and planning his assault.

Today was much hotter than last month, and it was more focused as unfortunately this time I didn't have Tesso for company. Still, saw many of the regular CR's including Johnny Dark looking strong in the half, and Hills Aths who backed up after a late night following the Nick Cave concert for a 20:57 in the 5k. Go Girl did the 10k, and finished in 47:20 so another strong run from Nat.
Until today, I hadn't met Bernie, but she ran well to finish just behind me. Speaking with her afterwards, it was even more impressive when I found out she was backing up from Fitzroy Falls last weekend...

Cooled down then back home for a chat and Gatorade with Joe before the family went for a BBQ to harbourside Neutral Bay complete with pool and terrific view. I'll bottle that day...

"Exit, stage left"

2 Comments:

  • At 5:15 pm, Blogger Tesso said…

    Well done BB! Probably just as well you didn't have me for company, all the chatting may have slowed you down :-)

     
  • At 5:26 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Congrats on such great running times. Hope the Myanmar T shirt also generates interesting chats. Hiroshi.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home