bluesbuffett

Thursday, September 20, 2007

Bizzaro run

I expected to see Bizzaro Jerry, George, Kramer AND Superman at Roxborough Park last night...

After a hard weekend's running (18k Saturday, the 8k race Sunday) and then backing up with 10k Monday and 8k Tuesday morning, I expected my legs to be very tired. They agreed, especially my quads.

Heading down to the Hills Club 3k time trial last night at 7:30pm, for my first go at it since March, I expected a pretty poor result. Previous results: Jan 14:25, Feb 13:37.

One positive was that the weather was mild and no breeze swayed. Good running conditions. I motivated myself by thinking that the next day was a rest day. All I had to do was finish the race.

As it turned out, I went along reasonably well. I didn't really pace myself against the lap clock, but knew I did 2200m in 10:01 and 2600m in 11:53. Motoring around the last 400m, I finished in exactly 13:37! Sounds as unlikely as the 1977 tied test centenary repetition, but there it was. Pretty happy with the time too. Didn't really hang around after, just time enough to have a quick post-fun run chat with Steve and thank him for the cap I won in the draw afterwards. So, with a couple of Bakers Delight samples in my hand, I headed home to read YD a story and look forward to a Rest Day Thursday. And it was gooood!

Not sure if Tip Costello should really taunt Kevin07 about his lack of tax scale knowledge, when his own estimate of the deficit is out by $4.5b...

Exit, stage left...

3 Comments:

  • At 10:38 am, Blogger 2P said…

    What's a few billion between friends?

     
  • At 2:48 pm, Blogger Tesso said…

    Nice work on the 3k. I reckon you should go for the hat trick.

     
  • At 8:01 pm, Blogger Mouse_and_NTR said…

    good stuff ray! sorry i did not make it to Orange Blossum - the only thing i did was walk to the chemist for drugs to combat my cold and hayfever! Did you see Chaser parody the Kevin 07 t-shirts, with one that read "Costello - Never"!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home