bluesbuffett

Thursday, December 24, 2009

PW = PW

Isn't it funny? PW = Personal Worst and also something similar - synonymously speaking - to watered down urea.

SMC #2 for the season produced a PW: 54:08 for the 10k, with a final K in 5:03. Much slower than before, but a glimmer of hope. Excuses? Yes: in the middle of the Christmas festivities, indeed straight after the family get together. Sluggish. Plus, now the right leg is causing concern with strained calf and chronic soreness around the hip/glute/hammy.

Fear not, all will be well. I visited my chiro yesterday for my regular donation, so felt lighter on my feet and in my wallet.

So, since last post, 120k in 13 runs, plus weights. Highlight: work in Melbourne gave me the chance to do a couple of Tan laps. What a superb course. At this time of year, you just have to make your way through the crowd, even at 6am.

Hope everyone has a great Christmas/New Year (of course I'll be seeing some of you anyway). Better get to bed soon: Santa's on the way!

Vere, Virginia, Sanctus Nicolaus Est!

"Exit, stage left"

5 Comments:

  • At 11:02 pm, Blogger Andrew(ajh) said…

    Like you, a sore right leg, and Christmas festivities has been slowing me down too. Still, as you say, not to worry, a new year and many more runs. rides and other adventures is just round the corner.

    Being in Melbourne, you should have let some of us Melbournites know, we could have had a drink, or a run !

    Have a great Christmas and a Happy New Year!

     
  • At 9:51 pm, Blogger Andrew(ajh) said…

    I do run the Tan occassionally. I'm from the north-western suburbs, so have to drive to get there. I think mid-Feb would be ok for me. I have a trip to Singapore which isn't finalised yet but I think that's going to be the first week. I'd love to meet and have a run and/or a coffee or something to eat. Let's get our heads together once the dates are finalised!

     
  • At 11:05 am, Blogger Semifreddo said…

    Ohhh I had no idea you had a blog!! Hey your "PW" at SMC would have made me a very happy camper, it is all relative.

     
  • At 10:51 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Funny! never thought of it.

     
  • At 9:21 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Isn't perspective a funny thing. For you 54:08 for a 10K is a PW, for me, it would be fantastic and I would be over the moon.

    Have just discovered your blog, and I'm liking it. Perhaps it's because I'm a Hills ex-pat.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home