bluesbuffett

Monday, March 13, 2006

25k but BBBB

At least I'm consistently unreliable in blog updates. A further 9 days since the last, although significant activity has occurred.
Running :
Sat 04/03 14k Rouse Hill/Beaumont Hills 8.30am and warm!
Sun 05/03 14k Home to Kings Langley shops via M7 10am and hot! (Mrs BB saved the day with full support crew essentials)
Mon 06/03 Rest Day
Tue/Wed/Thur 0703-09/03 9k each day extended Clean Streets 6am mild
Fri 10/03 8k Clean Streets 6am mild ; weights at BLC in pm
Sat 11/03 10k Winston Hill/Baulkham Hills 8am pretty warm; weights BLC in pm
Sun 12/03 25k Kings Langley to Eastern Rd Rooty Hill return, via M7 7.30am mighty warm!

Some further details....

Roll on end of Daylight Savings. I can get that real winter feeling for about 3 months from mid May through mid Aug, so don't need the super-dark 6am mid week starts thanks. Still, it's pleasant enough to permit singlets, so it's manageable, although not desirable.
Having upped the k's a little recently (refer previous post), I took a conservative view for Fri and Sat, having confirmed a run with Go Girl for Sunday, on Thursday. "Take it easy, you've got a long run coming up : nothing much, just your longest ever" I thought.
I must say, trying out the Fuel Belt while attempting 25k made it a special day to look forward to. Awakening at 6am, and after two text messages which altered and then confirmed the run plan, I hitched a ride in GG's impressive vehicle (slightly bigger than an H2 Hummer). After navigating the apparently random roadworks on approach, we detoured through much of Lalor Park to get back to Kings Langley. A fascinating and enervating warm up.
The run itself was thoroughly enjoyable; GG kept a consistent and solid pace; my tactics consisted of pointing out landmarks, discussing running etc etc all in an effort to divert focus from how far I was trying to run. Hitting the 12.5k turnaround point was psychologically satisfying, and the run home was AOK.
The post title refers to the fact that BB now has Blood Blisters on toes on both feet; along with sore arms, legs, neck and general lethargy; I feel that I pulled up all right, all things considered. Well done GG - I still don't know how you crunch out all those long-run k's and mix them with time trials. I sense you'll run a powerful GC marathon in July.
Today was a rest day:I attempted to limit walking up and down my office stairs today.

Following the run, we had a family BBQ, where we met ED's boyfriend. A painless experience, as I pointed out to ED. Having a recollection of being 18, I had no wish to inflict on them the permanent trauma I suffered at that age, when meeting young ladies' folks. So, they are both hugely relieved, and life goes on. Must be at least semi-serious, as she has been invited to his mum's wedding. Only one tricky bit left : meeting ED's mum (ex-Mrs BB). My suggestions involve a ready smile, no strong opinions and a fast getaway car.

Books
Finally finished M Jecks; now onto Paul Doherty The Cup Of Ghosts. Set in early 1300s England, it is a typical Doherty : fictional characters who are quite close to real historical power figures (in this case, Isabella, wife of Edward 2 ( E2 made Quentin Crisp look like Rocky Balboa by comparison, IMHO)).

Music
A new group!!!
Listening to ABC Classic FM, caught a wonderful clarinet piece : bright and modern; Julia Lester gave it a big plug. Next thing I know, I've ordered the CD from their record company.
Highly recommended:
http://www.clarity4.com/
In the car, I've had another eclectic mix : Blondie "AutoAmerican" 1980, Al Stewart's recent release "A Beach Full Of Shells", and Steely Dan's "Countdown to Ecstasy" 1973 and "Katy Lied" 1975. Looking forward to Donald Fagen's new release "Morph The Cat" next week.

Only 3 more Saturdays until West Met #1. Will HillsAths post the calendar on
http://www.coolrunning.com.au/??

"Exit, stage left"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home